Quoting the dictionary in order to argue that racism includes prejudice against white people and sexism includes prejudice again men does not work. All it does is basically ignore and exclude an entire history of race and sex literature, and ignore the power structures in place in our society.
1. All current editors of Oxford and Mariam-Webster are women.
and have been for the past 30-ish years. The dictionary gets updated, the people who make it recognize that connotations change, they’re not imbeciles
2. “Racism” and “Sexism” were terms invented by progressives in the 50’s-60’s era. Ya know, back when all the post-modernist movements started. Meaning their original context of use was structural criticism. Again, the dictionary is designed to reflect connotation of use, so yeah the definitions we give these words were originally meant to be used in the same way modern progressives use em.
3. I’m not arguing that word connotations don’t change. What you fail to grasp is that word changes are oftentimes used to push specific political agendas (ie pro-choice, pro-life etc.) My problem with the particular argument made is that the Liberal SJW connotation of the words sexism and racism are presented as if they’re an unbiased definition of the words. Pro-tip: they aren’t, they’re agendicized as all hell. I think the vast majority of people outside of Tumblr recognize that you can be racist/sexist against any group of people. These particular definitions openly encourage hate towards white people and men, which is a hell of a bias.
4. ” Traditionally gender roles are based on the idea that women are inherently inferior/males are superior.” This is such bullshit. Traditional gender roles are built on the idea that men and women are better at different things. The modern interpretation of this is that these roles assumed women are inferior because of how materialistic our society has become, and the death of the nuclear family. Everything is about the $, all anyone cares about anymore is acquiring things (that they probably don’t need). Because of this, our society today only looks on the traditional man’s role as being favorable (because he was the one who got the $s). All of the feminist advocacy today is about allowing women to take on roles men traditionally held. Gender roles evolved because we didn’t have modern conveniences back in the day, to get a household running you needed proper division of labor. Working a plow or running a forge took serious muscle power, makes more sense for the gender which is naturally stronger to do that shit. Working manual labor for 40+ hours a week sucks. Most middle-class Westerners today (aka 90% of Tumblr) probably don’t realize this.
Basically, there’s no implied inferiority, this is a connotation which we have added in the modern day because we have cast off notions like the value of the family in place of materialism and wealth acquisition. The only implied superiority is that men are superior at working shitty jobs. Unfortunately, our society today has made that shitty job their entire life, hence the assumed modern inferiority complex.
5. The “power structures” mindset is Marxist as all hell. They’re predicated on this notion that life would be one big utopia for everyone if it wasn’t for just this one specific set of people who somehow fucked everyone over (The bourgeoisie for Economic Marxism, the “Culturally Privileged” [White dudes] for the Cultural variant). This is all populist bullshit based on the notion that the one who believes this shit isn’t responsible for the problems in their life, its someone else’s fault. I would go into more detail but I know you won’t believe me regardless of how much sense my argument makes so…
On an unrelated note, stop being so fucking depressed dude. By which I mean stop wallowing in it. I used to think pretty similarly to the way you do now back when I was depressed as fuck, even on the political/post-modernist crap. I mean I think you saw some of the fucking substance abuse problems I had, shit was bad. Power structures and the white man aren’t ruining your life, you and your lack of real self-awareness are the one responsible. And don’t tell me that you aren’t personally invested in your post-modernist viewpoint, the basis of post-modernism comes the notion of viewpoints being subjective, meaning that it is inherently a personal and emotional thing.
Get off the anti-depressants, they make everything worse. They only treat symptoms, not the cause. That cause is not society, it’s something(s) buried in your subconscious. Speaking 100% from personal experience. Look up transcendental meditation, just ignore all the New Age bullshit, do that 30 minutes minimum every day, I guarantee your life will take an upswing. Worked for me, I’ve been told by literally everyone that I “have a completely different aura about me now.” So yeah.